Money.com seeks a reporter to cover personal finance, with the ability to break news and cover multiple beats at once. Candidates should love service journalism and have an in-depth knowledge of SEO best practices.
Money is a 50-year-old magazine-turned-digital destination that helps millions of people a month learn the basics and complexities of personal finance.
Preferred location for this position is New York City, but we’re open to remote employment.
We are a fun, creative and transparent organization, where everyone has access to our executive team, learning important business skills, taking part in major decisions and experiencing life in a rapidly growing online media environment. We offer great benefits including health care, dental, retirement matching and generous time off!
- Write and report multiple articles a week, covering personal finance news
- Pitch original stories to Money.com’s editors
- Tell personal stories about people’s lives through the lens of their money
- Write evergreen stories that explain personal finance to a search audience
- 3+ years of experience at a news outlet or digital publication
- A love of personal finance
- Strong knowledge of SEO best practices
- A passion for clean copy and hitting deadlines
- Excellent time management skills
- A degree in journalism (or related field)
Interested candidates should send a resume, cover letter and links to recent clips.
To apply, go here.